GITA Code of Ethics
1. Recognising the responsibility of our profession to the GEOSPATIAL INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATION (GITA) organisation and the Utility industry, and believing that we should encourage and foster high ethical standards in our profession, we do hereby adopt this CODE OF ETHICS for our constant guidance and inspiration predicated upon the basic principles of truth, justice and fair play.
2. To show faith in the worthiness of our profession by industry, honesty, and courtesy, in order to merit a reputation for high quality of service and fair dealing.
3. To add to the knowledge of our profession by constant study and to share the lessons of our experience with our fellow members.
4. To build an ever increasing confidence and goodwill with the public and our employers by poise, self-restraint and constructive co-operation.
5. To accept our full share of responsibility in constructive public service to community, state and nation.
6. To conduct ourselves in the most ethical and competent manner thus meriting confidence in our knowledge and integrity.
7. To strive to attain and to express a sincerity of character that shall enrich our human contacts.
8. Each member of GITA agrees to subscribe to this code when joining the organisation.
Copyright © Geospatial Information & Technology Association Australia & New Zealand Division.